• Westciv

Westciv develops Style Master, the Mac and Windows CSS Editor that takes the head aches out of working with CSS.

Desperate Housewives

Desparate Houswives - Screenshot

“As most Americans, I have been sucked in by the ladies of Wysteria Lane…especially by Bree. She’s funny, charming, always looks elegant and, most importantly, a red head (or a ginger as Cartman would call us). I thought this set should be simple, warm and understated. As with Bree, the focus should be on the content not the glossy package. :)” – Ryan Arrowsmith

Being one of the first three submitters, Ryan wins a year of free hosting from Glyph Solutions

The package includes 150MB storage, 1.5GB Bandwidth, unlimited FTP and email accounts, mySQL databases and subdomains powered by cPanel.

1. Marko Mihelcic

Jan 21, 03:40 AM

heh nice template m8 , I think if you had a Eva Longoria fancy pic in the header that you would probably win ;D cheers!

Jan 21, 07:23 AM

Thanks Marko…I’m just glad to finally see some original TXP theme! How about you? (Though I admit a new iPod would be nice)

He he.

3. Marko Mihelcic

Jan 21, 11:05 PM

Yeah me too, yeah a brand new iPOD sounds really nice :D

4. Jérémie

Jan 22, 03:32 AM

I have a question about it: the content wasn’t supposed to be GPL-compatible? The right-owner of Desperate Houswives has put some of their images under the GPL ?

I had several ideas along those lines (using a movie or tv-show), and abandonned them because of that. So if it’s ok, I’m interested.

Jan 22, 07:59 AM

Jeremie…

The images remain the property of the copyright holder (in this case ABC/Disney) but most of them see community sites and themes as free advertisement and a strong showing of support so it’s not an issue. Also, this template is being distributed freely. If I were profiting from it’s use, I would be in violation of the copyright and they’d probably be more interested in shutting it down.

6. Dana

Jan 30, 06:02 AM

This template is loud and garrish and just like the rest it lacks originality.It looks like it was designed by a 16 year old kid who wants to win a free ipod lol.

Jan 30, 06:25 AM

Correction: a 25 year old kid. And yes, I’d like a free iPod. Who wouldn’t, pumpkin? ;)

8. Dana

Come on Ryan, come on.I’m not coming down on you I just think Texpattern deserves better.Do you really think your theme has a chance of winning? It is gawd awful.

The background is too loud and overpowering.The cursive font looks like someone of Ritalin wrote it and worst of all, it is very hard to read.

This is just not good Ryan.

I respect your opinion, Dana. But you are one person.

The 70+ people who have downloaded the theme from my site alone disagree though, hun. :)

Again, if you have such a keen eye for design, I can’t wait to see your set. When can we expect it?

Ryan

Oh shoot. I ment Dana, not Ryan.

Wait.. ignore that above…

I’d have to agree with what Dana has to say about this template. The background is distracting and the header looks like 2 simple brushes and a picture. (Unless im missing something?).

12. ikebowen

Though not bad for two brushes and a photo. Tastefully done, in my opinion; there’s something said for simplicity.

On the other hand, I don’t particularily like the blinking coffee… steam. Doesn’t do much for me. :)

And why does hitting tab when focused on the website input box jump the focus to the Textplates header link?

“This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!”

Yet it says it is Valid XHTML Strict.

But when you validate the page with XHTML 1.0 Strict, is also displays this:

“This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict!”.

It’s not validating because of some hacks on my TXP install to run all of these templates.

As a stand alone, it should validate. Why don’t you take the time to install it and let me know Angelo since you’re so community minded. ;)

I would test it, but im using my Textpattern to make my template :P

Once im done with it I will test this template