Yakuza

Yakuza Template Screenshot

Marko is going crazy designing porting templates and Yakuza is his third submission to the competition. The theme is inspired by the Japanese culture and the Japanese mafia called the Jakuza.

Update: This template was based on andreas01 by Andreas Viklund and will therefore not be entered in the ompetition.

1. chris

Jan 25, 01:33 AM

Can you please explain what the Japanese characters say?

Its a nice theme, but I can’t say I’d want to use it without knowing what people who read Japanese are seeing.

Jan 25, 03:08 AM

I’m not sure if Marko knows what the characters mean, but I have emailed him your comment.

If anyone does know Japanese (assuming the characters are, in fact, Japanese) please post a quick translation.

3. Marko Mihelcic

Jan 25, 05:06 AM

heya, it means YAKUZA and on right made by mcville.net ;) – I double checked it ;)

4. stdmedia

Jan 25, 07:30 AM

I don’t want to sound really negative, because I really support this “event” and you guys have been doing a good job, but does anyone notice that all of Marko’s templates are very similar? Sorry if I offended anyone, but maybe it’s just me that sees it.

5. Brian

Jan 26, 01:34 AM

I’d have to agree on stdmedia’s comment. Great to see templates. But some variety in the layout would be great.

Jan 26, 10:06 AM

Yes, Marko’s submissions are variations on his original template, but they are each unique enough to be counted as separate templates.

Submissions should start picking up soon as the 1-month deadline approaches and I am sure there will be a number of unique designs.

Jan 27, 11:01 AM

I’m still waiting to see STDMedia’s original design. I hereby challenge you to put your money where your mouth is. :)

Cheers.

Jan 28, 03:14 AM

Ohhhhh, it’s on now!

9. Dana

Jan 30, 05:55 AM

Another sub-par submission if you ask me.Nothing about this design is attractive.Too dark and the images are clearly not very unviversal.This template won’t attract too many users.

For the love of gawd can you guys take note of the designs submitted in the Typo theme competition?

What about originality and universatility?

Jan 30, 06:22 AM

Actually Dana, this is one of my favorites in the competition. I think the layout and colors are refreshing.

Instead of being critical of everyone else’s work, why don’t you invest that energy into your own set? The more the merrier!

11. stdmedia

Jan 30, 09:10 AM

Ryan, I accept the challenge. I think it’ll be fun, so hopefully my design will reflect this. Dana, I must also say that you are very critical, maybe you should make a template and “blow us all away”, just a suggestion though.

That design seems very familiar…

Not valid XHTML 1.1, XHTML 1.0 Transitional, XHTML 1.0 Strict, etc.

Commenting is closed for this article.